Promote, market, and facilitate the overall sale of products of the bank. Contribute to the bank’s growth by the effective sale of bank services to new and existing customers with emphasis on courteous and professional service.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Head Teller/Teller Operations Manager.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and friendly service in processing customers’ transactions. Identify and take advantage of opportunities to promote and refer bank products and services to satisfy customers’ financial needs and goals. Follows the established bank policies and procedures for this position and follows the supervisor’s direction.
- Process commercial and consumer transactions following established policies and procedures, using computerized platform and teller programs.
- Account Deposits, Withdrawals, Transfers
- Cashing Checks
- Loan Payments
- Cashier’s Checks
- Temporary Checks
- Wire Transfers
- Savings Bonds
- Credit Card Cash Advances
- Night Drop
- Bank by Mail
- Chargeoff Recoveries
- Stop Payments
- Coin Machine
- Currency Exchange
- Change of Address
- Dormant Accounts
- Follow established policies and procedures, using computerized platform and teller programs when necessary, to ensure work is completed correctly and in compliance with regulations.
- Verify all transaction elements to ensure they are authentic, checking for any fraudulent or manipulated features.
Payee, Endorsements, Identification
Signature of maker
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- If check is on-us, check for holds, stop payments, sufficient funds.
- If check is transit, place appropriate hold.
- Use FileX to look up signature cards.
- Check for indications of fraudulent activity.
- On loan payments or payoffs, check due dates and assess late charges when applicable.
- Know procedures for holds, large items.
- Know procedures for handling mutilated and counterfeit currency.
- Know procedures for processing foreign checks and currency.
- Know procedures for and maintain compliance with banking regulations and reporting requirements.
- BSA-Bank Secrecy Act
- CRA-Community Reinvestment Act
- Regulation CC-Funds Availability
- Regulation D-Truth in Savings
- Electronic Funds Transfer-Regulation E
- Privacy Act-Regulation P
- Customer Identification Policy
- U.S. Patriot Act
- Bank Protection Act
- Collection of information for completion of Currency Transaction Report (CTR).
- Collection of information for completion of Suspicious Activity Report (SAR).
- Responsible for sales, cross-sales and referrals of bank products and services to new and existing customers.
- Know procedures for researching and locating outages, thereby limiting violations of the Teller Outage Policy.
- Keep cash secure and maintain a high level of safety and security for the bank.
- Maintain proper levels of cash in cash drawer. Balance cash drawer daily. Order/sell cash as necessary. Scan and balance proof.
- Know procedures for opening/closing branch.
- Know procedures for robbery/emergency response.
- Answer customer questions when appropriate, taking advantage of opportunities to cross-sell other bank services.
- Order supplies.
- Attend all meetings and complete all training required to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Comply with all applicable Federal and State regulations and guidance associated with the performance of your job function.
- Comply with all applicable BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures associated with the performance of your job function, including participation in required training and identifications of suspicious activity.
- Responsible for making suggestions to improve branch/departmental operations and overall bank.
- Perform other duties and assignments within the bank at Management’s request; accept periodic cross-training, works in other branches if needed.
PointBank - 2 years ago