Diagnosing, adjusting repairing and overhauling mobile
mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment such as
bulldozers, graders, conveyors and trucks used in
construction and surface mining. Repairs trucks and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
manufacturer specifications by testing mechanical
- Ensures proper performance and compliance with
products after repair or assembly.
malfunctions using diagnostic equipment such as
- Determines required repairs by diagnosing faults or
computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
preventative maintenance per manufacturer suggestions.
- Maintain equipment in like new condition by performing
ensure peak performance and safety.
- Services fuel, brake and transmission systems to
welding parts using electric or gas welders
- Repair undercarriages and track assemblies, including
- Repair or replace damaged or worn parts
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to
and hand tolls.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists
micrometers and gauges.
- Examine parts for excessive wear or damage using
- Keep logs of maintenance performed on machines, trucks
- Read and understand operating manuals and technical
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : High School Graduate or General Education
Experience : 3+ years related experience working on
heavy equipment. Working knowledge of welding and
fabricating. Electrical experience a plus.
Other Requirements : NYS Inspection License for group 1
& 2 heavy a plus.
J. Tortorella Pools - 10 months ago