For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For".
Water, Wastewater, and Water Resources Jobs at CH2M HILL
Water - it is a natural resource and necessity for each person on the planet. Today, it is increasingly more challenging to provide and sustain clean water resources than ever. From exploding populations and meteorological changes to greater environmental and security regulations. As part of CH2M HILL ‘s Water Group you will be helping to provide solutions that enable people around the world to have access to safe, life-sustaining water. It is a big challenge, but the global and lasting impact is even greater. Ready? Let's Get to Work.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2M HILL Water Project Engineer jobs – Wethersfield, Connecticut
The challenge? Help provide and sustain clean water resources in communities in Connecticut. Our engineering jobs provide you with an opportunity to work on exciting and large-scale water-related projects as well as help develop new water, wastewater and conveyance projects. As a contributing member of a project team, you will perform a variety of tasks requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. You will have the opportunity to utilize your technical skills as well as collaborate with our regional engineering staff to support projects in the water engineering market. Your work could involve technical study, technical report writing, engineering design and construction services support.
Our Water Project Engineers:
You may work on project such as:
- Have a strong water, wastewater, or conveyance technical background, including extensive knowledge of all project phases (including studies, piloting, conceptual design, detailed design, construction administration, and startup).
- Assist senior engineers on larger, more complex projects, including task management experience.
- May lead projects and mentor junior staff on small to medium projects.
- Work on proposals and contribute to client relationships and business development efforts.
- Communicate and work directly with clients.
- Focus on leading and executing engineering design production work.
- Wastewater treatment and conveyance design, permitting, construction engineering services, and/or facility startups.
- Relocation assistance or expenses reimbursement will not be provided.
- CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Four years experience in the planning, study, design and construction of drinking water facilities, wastewater facilities, and/or conveyance projects.
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related discipline required.
- M.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- PE in the state of Connecticut or ability to gain reciprocity.
- Five years experience in the planning, study, design and construction of drinking water facilities, wastewater facilities, and/or conveyance projects.
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft products including SharePoint, Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint; ability to develop and utilize complex spreadsheets a plus.
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CH2M HILL - 2 years ago
Since its founding in 1946, CH2M HILL has been building a better and more sustainable planet—delivering challenging projects that...