Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
**** Be sure to read the announcement very carefully, failure to submit all "Required Documents" will declare your ineligibility.****
This position is eligible for 12.25% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) *COLA is subject to change without notice.
This position is located at Aliamanu Military Reservation Youth Sports (AMR YS).
Incumbent performs duties under the verbal and written direction of the Youth Sports and Fitness (S&F) Director. Assistance and guidance is normally available at all times. Work is reviewed in terms of results achieved and adherence to established standards and procedures.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment
- Possess a CDA/ School-Age/ Youth Credential
- Possess 12 months work experience in a Sports/Fitness and/or youth program
- Immunization screening is required after selection
- A medical examination is required after selection
Serves as Program Associate, in a Child and Youth Services (CYS) program, with
responsibility for providing support and assistance to activity Director, and
Installation Volunteer Sports Coaches. Provides care, oversight, and
accountability for program participants in compliance with DoD, Army and local
policies, guidance, and standards. Maintains control of and accounts for
whereabouts and safety of children and youth. Interacts with children and youth
using approved child guidance and youth development techniques. Encourages
participant interest and establishes a program setting that promotes positive
child and youth interactions with other children, youth, and adults. Assists
S&F Director in training coaches using the National Youth Sports Coaches
Association (NYSCA) training guidelines. Ensures that an Installation NYSCA
Chapter is established and maintained to support local coaches. Models
appropriate behaviors and techniques for working with children/youth, and helps
coaches in creating developmentally appropriate environments; selecting
materials and equipment; and planning meaningful practices that support the
required sport season. Shares expertise in the operation of intramural programs
for youth (SAS, MST) and providing skill-building programs for children (CDC,
FCC, SAS). Assists coaches in practice procedures, operating an effective
coach/parent meeting and parent relations. Assists trainer in training CYPA
staff/providers in sports/fitness related areas.
Conducts practice and
game visits as required for the purpose of providing support and assistance.
Observes program participants for signs that may indicate abuse or neglect and
reports as directed. Notifies S&F Director on health, fire, and safety
compliance concerns. Conducts follow-up technical support visits based on the
results of the initial observation of practices/games.
evaluation materials to ensure assigned area is in compliance with standards and
procedures as outlined in applicable regulations and program management
Supports program operations by planning field trips to sports and
fitness events, coordinating group activities, and participating in observations
of coaches. Helps inspect sports facilities/programs to ensure safety
compliance. Recommends purchase of equipment required to maintain proper safety
compliance. Secures supplies, equipment, and facilities.
designated training requirements and records completed training on own
Individual Development Plan (IDP).
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED
2. Communicate effectively orally and in writing in
3. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
4. Possess and
maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop
and stand on a routine basis.
5. Possess and maintain health and freedom
from communicable disease.
6. Possess a CDA/ School-Age/ Youth Credential
(including Boys and Girls Clubs of America) or an Army Youth Practicum.
Possess 12 months work experience in a Sports/Fitness and/or youth program that
provided the knowledge of physical and psychological factors in individual and
team sports, and organization of recreational or competitive individual and team
1- Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis on
physical education/sports or a related field.
2- Be able to communicate in
English (both written and verbal).
3- Be 18 years of age at the time of
4- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry
up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
and maintain health and freedom from communicable disease.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card and a Picture I.D. must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following factors/competencies:
***Minimum qalifications-Age requirement
***Conditions of employment
***Oral communication skills
***Administration and organization
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...