Position Code: 13-PD-101
Reports To: Director, Library Operations
Department: Library Prep
As a member of the Library Preparation group, the Molecular Biologist will play a key role in using production-scale molecular biology processes in the construction of sequencing substrates from customer DNA samples. These processes will include the manipulation of nucleic acids using a variety of enzymatic methods to generate and QC sequencing substrates suitable for CGI’s high throughput sequencing platform. This individual’s main responsibilities will be to meet production throughput and quality goals, though they will also contribute to the continuous improvement of novel library construction processes.
- BS/MS in Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) and at least 3 years of directly related experience
- Extensive molecular biology expertise including Next Generation sequencing, high throughput PCR, ligation, restriction digests, DNA quantification, and gel electrophoresis
- Familiarity with systems and processes used in molecular biology production environments, including the use of SOPs and LIMS
- Experience in operating high-end analytical instrumentation, including liquid handling automation
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...