Payroll Title: Program Representative II. Salary Range: $2,938 - $5,169 /month
UCSD Layoff from Career appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 01/27/2011 to be considered with preference for rehire.
- Eligible ACCES clients should contact their UCSD vocational rehabilitation counselor to discuss Special Selection.
- Layoff applicants must leave a message at (858) 534-6333 or call your assigned Sr. Employment Advisor to exercise your preferential rehire status.
The program specialist will direct all administrative aspects of the Department of Radiation Oncology Residency Programs, consisting of the Medical Residency Training Program and the Medical Physics Training Program. Under the general supervision of the Program Directors, the program specialist is responsible for implementing and overseeing recruitment, ranking, scheduling, curriculum planning and development, evaluations, certifications and graduation. Program implementation requires full knowledge of the professional goals of an accredited training program as set forth by the ACGME and CAMPEP. The program specialist will assist the program directors ensure that the residents are kept abreast of licensing requirements, enrollment procedures, registration and application deadlines for intraining exams, American Board Exams, etc. The program specialist manages and prepares all documents for the UCSD Internal Review, ACGME and CAMEP Site Visits, residency committee meetings, and semi-annual Program Director meetings. Finally, he/she will provide high-level administrative support and liaise between the Medical Physics Program Director, division contacts, ACGME, CAMPEP, and physics residency committee. This includes calendaring, preparing manuscripts, arranging travel, and coordinating faculty development.
~~Must work occasional overtime (evening and weekend) to meet deadlines and special events.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters in Education, Education Technology or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated skill to establish effective working relationships with contacts at various community clinics, hospitals, and programs to facilitate program needs.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures regarding all aspects of residency training including, but not limited to, educational curriculum, resident personnel actions, and recruitment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ACGME and CAMPEP training requirements.
- Ability to research, collect, interprets and present data as well as recommend solutions and methods of implementation.
- Proficiency in operation personal computer with Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, HP Scanner, Power Point and Internet Explorer.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines. Skilled in prioritizing work lead.