Interviews begin 3/1/13
If you have relevant experience (Telecom, data networks, equipment..) the client may choose to train you on the devices mentioned below at its DISCRETION.
Local residents preferred. No relocation or interview expense reimbursements for any out of state candidates.
US Citizens or Permanent residents only.
No Recruiters or Third Party Vendors.
Job Description: Transport NOC Provisioning and Test and Turn Up
Two years’ experience plus formal training with at least one of the following network elements: SONET, DWDM, Transport technologies or related field. Ability to attend and successfully complete technical courses, both on and off site.
Must be able to travel occasionally and work a flexible schedule to accommodate 24x7x365 coverage requirements. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal/written communication skills. Must be customer focused, a team player, and a self-starter. Have a very good working knowledge of telecommunications networks, systems, power and grounding systems, and general knowledge of the Public Switched Telephone Network architecture.
This position will place emphasis on the following SONET, DWDM technologies: Nortel classic or Optera Metro; Fujitsu Flashwave, FLM, DWDM; Cisco/Cerent 15454 or DWDM; CyAN; Turin; Infinera DNA and associated element management systems, CTC/CTM; Netsmart; CyMS; and Preside.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent and 4+ years’ experience with 3+ years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
The position of Transport Network Analyst supports the daily Provisioning and Test & Turn Up of all DS3 to OC192 and GigE and Ethernet circuits for both on and off-net customer based and internal services for transport and data services on an extensive fiber optic network.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works on orders in the various TNOC queues.
- Provision Circuit (GigE) and VLANS, as specified in the work order.
- Working with LEC's, TXC's, vendors, internal departments, and customers to successfully test and turn up new services as required.
- Monitor provisioning work queue for new orders and work as they come due.
- Utilize the trouble ticketing system to dispatch field technicians as needed.
- Follow prescribed escalation policies internal and external to ensure customer services are successfully provisioned within the appropriate time frames.
- Provide leadership to team members
- Accept escalations as provided by Manager.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematic
- Knowledge of Circuit Layout Records
W2 wages, Health plan, Dental, Vision, paid time off and other benefits.