Job Title: Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Reports To: Manager, Applications/Investments
Division: Information Technology
Salary: $64,188.80 - $81,848.00
FLSA Status: Exempt
Number of Positions: 1
Accepting Applications: 2/6/13 - until filled
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for gathering system requirements, developing accurate and efficient computer programs, designing and testing program logic, coding programs, and preparing them for computer operation.
1. Works directly with business units to translate user requirements into system specifications.
2. Maintains current knowledge of standard languages, coding methods, and operations requirements.
3. Analyzes existing program logic to determine best method of accomplishing required changes or cause of program malfunction.
4. Performs maintenance and modification of programs currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to assure efficient operation in the production environment.
5. Assists in the design of automated portions of systems.
6. Designs program logic to meet specifications and to adhere to prescribed standards.
7. Codes programs in an authorized language.
8. Prepares test data and thoroughly tests coded programs to validate accuracy.
9. Reviews work products for completeness and accuracy of programmers assigned to the team.
10. Analyzes production programs to isolate problems or to determine more efficient methods.
11. Documents and maintains program specifications according to OPERS standards.
12. Fulfills administrative reporting requirements.13. Other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor's degree in related field required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience designing and developing solutions.
• Experience with Investments Industry workflow and instruments
• Microsoft development related certification preferred
Demonstrated proficiency in the technology process/software required listed in skill set matrix below.
• Web Services-Desirable
• OO Analysis & Design-Desirable
• Integrated Development Environment-Required
• Version Control-Required
• Microsoft SSIS-Required
• Microsoft SSRS-Desirable
• SQL Enterprise Manager-Required
• Visual Basic-Required
• Visual Basic .NET-Required
• Microsoft Visual Studio .Net-Required
• ASP .NET-Required
• Crystal Reports-Optional
• Active Directory-Optional
• Rational Software Architect-Optional
• Websphere Application Server-Optional
• Rational Rose-Optional
OPERS - 24 months ago