US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Project Scheduler to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA. This project standardizes the storage and transmission of medical records in a uniform electronic format. This is one of the largest repository of imaged medical information in the world.
The successful candidate will support programs and proposals; Responsibilities will include the Integrated Master Schedule which depicts technical scope, progress against established baselines, and remaining work.
The key focus is on the relationship between tasks, milestones, and events to meet program objectives through network logic based scheduling, including integration of cost and time, internal and external reporting requirements, and other aspects of Project Planning. The successful candidate will proactively provide their analysis and report on metrics to identify potential problems and assessment of the critical path. The successful candidate should understand the Risk and Opportunity management process and associated artifacts. The candidate should have the ability to formulate corrective actions, make recommendations, and implement measurement tools; such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments and work requirements.
The Program Scheduler responsibilities include development, maintenance, and integration of program plans and schedules to meet customer objectives.
- Developing, planning and maintaining detailed schedules
- Coordinating and consolidating schedules to ensure all detailed work plans are consistent with PEO-MA scheduling policies and included in the Integrated Master Schedule
- Troubleshooting and monitoring potential scheduling problems
- Determining, monitoring and reviewing all project schedules to include resources, interdependences, and risk
- Providing input and recommendations to project managers and Senior Management regarding scheduling conflicts/ changes
- Maintaining accurate records/ paperwork
- Identifying major milestones, decision points, project lifecycle and other project events
- Reporting to Senior Management with schedule related status and reports
- Facilitating and participating in weekly schedule reviews
- Providing planning assistance to program managers as needed
- Coordinating agency objectives with division managers and task monitors
- Working closely with other schedulers to develop scheduling policies and procedures
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Expertise with Microsoft Project 2010 with demonstrated experience in developing networked, logic based schedules.
- Generate reports for mid and executive level management on MS Project Server.
- Develop/optimize dashboards on MS Project Server
- Project planning and integrated scheduling experience with Microsoft Project and MS Project Server integrated with SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience in critical path analysis and the ability to visually present the impact to all schedules and associated costs
- Strong leadership skills (ability to work with senior leaders in the organization and mentor others).
- Strong communication skills, demonstrates close attention to detail, highly organized
- The qualified applicant must possess excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office.
- Candidate understands processes for compressing the schedule based upon feedback.
- Experience in delivering schedule information to executive management and discussing deliverables in a concise and timely manner.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- The candidate must have the ability to collaborate with team members, multi-task, and adapt to change.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server 2010 as an administrator is preferred – will need to grant user access and build reports/dashboards.
- The candidate should possess an aptitude for developing schedules that match the customer’s requirements.
- Excellent communication skills are imperative.
- Experience with using Earned Value Management (EVM) with MSP- emphasis on cost/schedule integration.
- Understanding of MS Visio
- Experience functioning within a Change Management oriented environment
Candidates with these certifications will be given preferential consideration:
PMI-SP: Scheduling Professional certification from the Project Management Institute
Microsoft Project Certification
Scheduling basic certification or similarly recognized scheduling professional organizations.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at
Northrop Grumman - 23 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...