MASTER TEACHER…making a difference in a child’s life is the most rewarding experience one can have during their professional career. We are shaping our next generation with love, energy, and an enthusiasm for learning. If you are passionate about the field of Early Childhood Education (ECE), enjoy on-going training, and you have a sincere desire to make a positive impact in the lives of children, we have a position for you!
Children ages two to five are growing rapidly in every area of development: socially, physically, intellectually and emotionally. Our centers balance child initiated and teacher initiated activities. Small and large group activities include language and literacy, visual and performing arts, math, science and technology. We also include arts and crafts, woodworking and construction, cooking, gardening, sports and games. Our High/Scope framework enables children to plan, participate and review their daily experiences.
As part of our teaching team, you will plan developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs. Teaching staff complete developmental assessments (DRDP) within the first 60 days of enrollment plus a follow up assessment to measure each child’s growth over a year and two parent conferences annually. Teaching staff build relationships which support ongoing communication and partnership with families. Teaching staff provide active learning experiences to promote language and literacy, math and science concepts, social development and self-help skills. Teaching staff observe and document children’s emerging interests and progress through anecdotal notes, weekly lesson plans and through the portfolio of individual work. Centers are a welcome place for families and all children, respecting their home language, cultural values and traditions. Teaching staff follow Licensing guidelines including for supervision, children’s personal rights, and health and safety. The center is an inclusive environment that supports the individual and special needs of all children
• Education: 24 units in child development, early childhood development or related field (be able to provide transcripts). Child Development permit required depending on center funding.
• Experience: prior childcare experience in a preschool setting; 3-5 years preferred. Must be able to prepare lesson plans, anecdotal notes, portfolios, assessments.
• Work Hours: position is needed for the following hours: 12:30-4:30 pm; some flexibility to work alternate hours as center needs require
• Strong teamwork and customer service skills
• Initiative, problem-solving, and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and deadlines
• Interact with children in a manner consistent with CDI/CDC philosophy
• Bilingual Spanish preferred
Our centers work in a collaborative environment and as a part of CDI/CDC commitment of supporting employees career advancement, we will work with you to secure a California Permit appropriate for this position if you do not possess one now. This role may require one to supervise an Associate Teacher and/or Assistant Teacher and will be responsible to follow company policies and procedures. Our centers also adhere to Title 22 and/or Title 5 regulations set by the State of California.
CDI Teachers embrace:
• Developmentally appropriate activities based on the interests of children supported by foundations in child development theory, Reggio Emilia and High Scope
• Keeping children safe and healthy through proper supervision, authentic interactions and practicing good health habits
• Taking responsibility for and enriching environments, creating exciting curriculum and quality learning experiences
• Working collaboratively with others, modeling our work place values, creating a great place to work.
• Excellent customer service by creating authentic connections to our families, school, community and each other.
CDI/CDC is a California based, non-profit organization consisting of 160 early education centers, employing 1,500 talented professionals, and serving more than 15,000 children. Founded in 1969, we are an early care and education agency and are expanding our presence and adding new programs for families in California. We have four regions within California (Northern California, San Jose/Bay Area, South Counties and Oxnard) and internal mobility/transfers are an added benefit to our employees.
Our Child Development Centers (CDC) range in size and may serve infants, toddlers, preschool and/or school age children. Most of our programs are NAEYC accredited and are influenced by the High/Scope and Reggio Emilia philosophical approaches. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace diversity in the workplace. We look forward to learning more about you!
Child Development Centers - 2 years ago