JOB OBJECTIVE: The Support Analyst Intern serves as the customer service liaison between Corporate associates and the IT department for purposes of prompt incident resolution. The Support Analyst is expected to provide technical support for any issue reported within Corporate standards. Develop a solid understanding of the relationship between hardware, software and business systems processes.
- Heavily utilize training, documentation/knowledge, and peers to develop troubleshooting and research skills
- Consistently document and troubleshoot any reported issue
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the IT department
- Develop and maintain understanding of Corporate and IT policies and procedures
- Develop good verbal and written communication skills
- Develop "creative thinking" in troubleshooting techniques
- Develop solid customer service and follow-up skills
- Comply with defined ITIL processes
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The internship will run from mid-May to mid-August, pending the intern's school schedule. It will be Monday through Friday, 8-5 p.m. and paid at the rate of $12 an hour.
- College students majoring in Information Technology with an interest in the field and learning more about support operations
- Students attending Virginia colleges, ECPI or ITTech are encouraged to apply
- Second year to those graduating in May 2013 are encouraged to apply
- Candidates who are from Hampton Roads or will be living in Hampton Roads for the summer of 2013
- Experience using MS Office products
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Good communication skills preferred, both written and verbal
- Good organizational skills preferred
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. - 18 months ago
Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked by trade publications...