The Copywriter is responsible for gathering information to prepare copy about our brands, products, and offerings that is both strategic and compelling. The copywriter works with the creative and brand teams to create the relevant voice for each of our brands and initiatives. The position involves conceptualizing new ideas, developing brand messaging, and writing copy for print, broadcast, web and digital media. This position requires the person to be located in Vermont.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Write key communication pieces to promote the voice of our brands, value propositions, and brand level CSR initiatives, often under tight deadlines.
- Support copy needs for all creative project requests received from Digital and Direct, brand and category teams, as well as other departments within the Enterprise such as HR, IST, and Continuous Learning.
- Ensure consistency of brand voice and message.
- Collaborate with art directors, graphic designers, brand teams and agencies to execute against creative briefs to ensure messaging aligns with strategy.
- Write or contribute to brand books, internal communications and our consumer catalog.
- Contribute to or manage special projects that promote and communicate brands.
- Write copy and assist with print and radio advertising for the consumer needs of the Train Station.
- Brainstorm with and present solutions to clients.
- Function as a resource for our free-lance proofreaders.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Four-year degree in Marketing Communications, English, or Journalism plus minimum of 2-4 years experience in marketing communications, advertising, PR, or equivalent. CPG writing experience with a multi-brand portfolio strongly preferred.
- Experience with marketing communications, writing to maximize sales opportunities using value propositions to inspire actions. Solid understanding of how to leverage sales and marketing channels to optimize messaging surrounding brands’ essence and meet sales objectives.
- Expert writing and editing abilities in formats ranging from web and facebook to print and radio for both consumer and business audiences.
- Experience working with socially responsible companies and/or communicating socially responsible messaging.
- Creative portfolio that demonstrates expertise in creating effective print and radio advertisements.
- Proven project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Able to be hands-on strategic.
- Ability to partner effectively with team members across various functions (PR, Marketing, Sales, Design, Coffee, etc.) and work with various levels of company management in the development and execution of communications products and programs.
- A passion for quality and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, verbal, collaborative, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures as well as our operating principles.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 2 years ago - save job
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...