12221 S State Street
Draper, UT 84020
Full-time; Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
Under supervision assist the Mortgage Loan officer in administrative functions while providing quality service to members, borrowers and realtors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully.
- Provides quality service to members and potential members of the credit union.
- Interviews applicants to determine their financial needs.
- Verifies financial information on loan applicants and analyze applicants' financial status to determine their credit worthiness.
- Understands the steps of the mortgage loan application and origination process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic guidelines for mortgage loan programs.
- Operates the loan origination systems.
- Interprets strengths and weaknesses for each loan application.
- Assists with satisfying underwriting conditions.
- Assists with loan closing according to loan closing procedures.
- Understands proper loan closing procedures.
- Reads and understands title insurance policies and property appraisal reports.
- Cross-sells other credit union loans, products and services to fill members' financial needs.
- Counsels members regarding credit and achieving credit goals, and handle disputes concerning credit eligibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
One year to two years of MACU or related experience.
Equivalent to a high school education.
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations
Active NMLS number. The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (S.A.F.E) Act requires all mortgage loan originators to register on a federal registry. Individuals employed by MACU that are not registered on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) are barred from originating mortgages.
Has no supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents in English such as loan documents, closing instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of employees, members, or clients.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
Intermediate to Advanced skills in the following: Adding machine/10-Key, computer operating skills (windows navigation, mouse/keyboard functionality), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
Understands the steps of the mortgage loan application and origination process.
Demonstrates knowledge of basic guidelines for mortgage loan programs.
Demonstrate knowledge of Reg Z and RESPA regulations.
Mountain America Credit Union - 12 months ago