Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Under general supervision, but in accordance with established policies and procedures, originate consumer loans by phone, interview applicants, notify applicants of contingencies and loan decisions and establish closing arrangements with Retail Offices. Respond to questions concerning all aspects of consumer loans, effectively using sales skills, identifying prospects and following through on all leads to produce a high volume of good quality consumer loans to achieve a high profit margin on short term loans.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Customer Service
- Problem Resolution
The following are essential job accountabilities:
1. Responsible for the origination of consumer loans which includes gathering information for a credit application, identifying customer needs, explaining loan options through product benefits, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
2. Effectively use sales skills such as making a strong first impression, effective listening, adapting to differences in customers, identifying needs, presenting solutions through product benefits, establishing competitive differences, overcoming resistance and nurturing relationships.
3. Remain current on regulation changes that affect the loan process, as well as promotional offers.
4. Utilize all available sources to solicit new consumer loan accounts and actively pursue opportunities to secure additional business.
5. Maintain a high sales ratio for related loan products such as payment protection, E-Z Pay and credit cards as well as opportunities to cross-sell deposit products.
6. Respond to telephone inquiries from many sources, explaining loan procedures, providing technical assistance, answering questions concerning loan rates, terms and related matters within the scope of their authority.
7. May assist in servicing problem loan work-out situations and/or other account maintenance changes.
8. Prepare correspondence to customers as needed.
9. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
The following job accountabilities may be reassigned:
1. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws. Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
Education and Experience:
A. High school diploma is required.
B. Minimum of two years origination experience required or equivalent.
A. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
B. Good typing skills.
C. Interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with people at all levels in the bank as well as customers.
D. Ability to operate a CRT and PC.
E. Ability to work flexible hours during non-routine business days.
F. Valid driver's license and use of automobile.
LANGUAGE: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to outside contacts, customers and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, or kneel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
9:00am - 6:00pm Mondays-Fridays, one Saturday per month
LA CROSSE-OPERATIONS CTR
601 North 7th St
Associated Bank - 22 months ago
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...