The Mortgage Loan Officer will originate, examine, evaluate, and authorize/recommend approval of customer applications for lines of credit and/or real estate loans from self-generated leads and sources.
• Responsible for originating, reviewing, processing, closing, and administering loan proposals.
• Responsible for interviewing mortgage loan applicants and requesting specific information for loan applications.
• Perform business development activities to increase reoccurring production, including: maintenance of a client database, client and customer calling/monitoring efforts, and additional activities as proposed by management.
• Develop and maintain relationships with real estate agents.
• Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Submit applications to processor and/or underwriting for verification and recommendation.
• Responsible for the input of complete and accurate loan application information while ensuring compliance to company policies.
• Responsible for rate locks, issuance of disclosures, overage/underage, and fee waivers.
• Analyze potential loan markets to develop prospects for new loans. Help define existing loan products and develop new loan products to allow improved profitability and sales execution.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Skills and Knowledge:
3 - 5 years recent mortgage loan officer experience utilizing self generated leads with a minimum $5 million annual production volume.
• Possess a thorough understanding of loan program requirements. Processing and closing knowledge/experience preferred.
• Knowledge of real estate and finance through appropriate experience or certified course work.
• Ability to analyze, understand, and communicate complex loan products.
• Demonstrate self-motivational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure, production-oriented environment while ensuring deadlines are met.
• Possess a high level of interpersonal and sales skills.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift and move file boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
* This position will require/requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with Sterling Savings Bank, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to Sterling Savings Bank’s registration rolls. Continued employment in this position with Sterling Savings Bank is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment with the Bank.
Sterling Bank - 19 months ago
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...