Basic Job Function:
This position exists to ensure that testing processes are being followed and that quality testing is being performed on large sized projects of high complexity. The incumbent is responsible for the development of test strategies for projects that may span multiple products and test disciplines. The incumbent works closely with LN and vendor resources to ensure that test cases and acceptance criteria are developed to ensure requirements are accurately validated during the certification process. The incumbent provides strategic guidance and oversight within functional and automated testing disciplines for features, projects, products, applications or systems within the InterAction product line..
The incumbent is accountable for testing deliverables within one or more disciplines, on large complex projects. Projects will typically span products and/or solution lines and will require large amounts of coordination of test activities. Specific accountabilities are documented through performance objectives and may include:
1. Provide Concept Sizing
2. Develop Technical Assessments
3. Define the Test Strategy for large sized projects within a specific test discipline
4. Manage software test deliverables
5. Provide input to software quality metrics
6. Influence designs or plans to improve performance or reliability, reduce resource consumption and/or facilitate testing
7. Gather instrumentation requirements
8. Develop capacity forecasts
9. Develop key metrics for measuring and monitoring performance and capacity.
12. Review Test Deliverables to ensure compliance to the Test Strategy
13. Review Test Deliverables to ensure compliance to standards
14. Review Test Results to validate completion of testing
15. Recommend and implement process improvements as identified through software quality management activities.
16. Identify trends through the use of metrics to forecast quality and release readiness.
17. Analyze results for test execution and deliverable reviews to evaluate vendor performance
18. Provide occasional complex customer support and technical communication in support of the tiered customer support model
19. Lead the automation efforts to support the testing of our InterAction API’s.
The incumbent will be instrumental at the organizational level in:
1. Implementing and improving software quality management principles (tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution and training)
2. Implementing and improving software development and maintenance processes and methods.
3. Implementing and improving project management principles and techniques as they relate to software project planning, implementation and tracking.
4. Implementing and improving software measurement, metrics and analytical techniques.
5. Implementing and improving software inspection, testing, verification and validation techniques.
6. Implementing and improving configuration management processes including planning, configuration identification, configuration control, change management, status accounting and reporting.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
2. Industry certifications (ISTQB, CSTB, Six Sigma, etc.) a plus10+ years experience in 1 or more testing disciplines with commercial business-oriented software applications
3. Ability to work independently
4. Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
5. Excellent communication skills
6. Ability to provide both detail information and also summarize to a management level
7. Tenacity; ability to work through problems and reach a solution
8. Ability to learn large complex systems
9. Ability to work in ambiguous situations
10. Ability to setup and maintain test environments
10a Experience working with virtual test environments
11. Proven problem-solving and technical debugging skills
12. Solid understanding of software quality management principles (tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution and training).
13. Solid understanding of software development and maintenance processes and methods.
14. Solid understanding of project management principles and techniques as they relate to software project planning, implementation and tracking.
15. Solid understanding of software measurement, metrics and analytical techniques.
16. Solid understanding of software inspection, testing, verification and validation techniques.
17. Solid understanding of configuration management processes to include planning, configuration identification, configuration control, change management, status accounting and reporting.
18. Ability to work with resources in remote locations.
19. Automated tool experience with SOATest, SOAPUI or HP Service Test
20. Coding experience with C# and .NET.
22. Experience working in an Agile development (Scrum) methodology
23. Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Feb 26, 2013, 9:58:56 PM
LexisNexis - 2 years ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...