We are currently looking for a Programmer/Analyst in our Albany, NY office location to lead, plan, coordinate and provide technical and strategic leadership in support of external technology projects for utility clients. Work includes needs analysis, applications programming, database development, and documentation.
This position can also be in Concord, Syracuse, Rochester, and Chantilly, VA.
• Coordinate and participate in the development of specifications for business process requirements.
• Lead in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of tablet based field data collection and database applications for external client technology projects.
• Provide technical support for custom developed applications as needed
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations and streamline work processes
• Work with end users to demonstrate and test applications as needed
• Conduct user training
• Prepare and maintain documentation for user manuals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- 2 or more years of progressive, increasingly responsible, computer applications programming supporting and developing small and large-scale computer software applications is required.
- Experience with information technology systems design, structured programming concepts, and object oriented design principles
- Experience with high level computer programming languages such as Visual Basic, SQL procedural programming, Microsoft .NET development, and MS Access VB script
- Experience with relational database design and management including SQL Server, and MS Access
- Experience developing applications for tablet based PCs preferred
- Experience with report writing software a plus
AA/EOE, M/F/V/D. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
CHA Consulting, Inc. - 19 months ago