It is a very cool time for software development in the world of networks. Routers are becoming commodity devices. The network operating system that sits on top of these commodity devices must be built. Chip manufacturers have released data plane development kits allowing regular servers to perform essential networking functions if the right software is built. The evolution of big data storage and processing technologies is allowing for deep network analytics software to be developed that is allowing networks to grow in scale and scope. We are taking all the industry trends mentioned above and blending them into the critical foundation of utility computing: the network.
AWS Networking Software Systems team is looking for software engineers to build new systems that innovate in the area of Network Security. At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the biggest networks in the world. We believe that network security, availability and reliability are core to the success of Amazon Web Services and our customers. Therefore, it is our goal to build the most scalable, secure and reliable networking infrastructure platform for the world.
We are looking for skilled software engineers who enjoys security work and are keen on building deep expertise in network security, and systems security. In this role, you will be developing software to identify network vulnerabilities, threat models, intrusion detection and prevention by analyzing software designs, network architecture and implementations from a security perspective, discovering subtle security issues that appear under unexpected threat scenarios. You must be a highly motivated and creative individual, a world class programmer with deep understanding on computer science, can write code as fast as writing emails and a desire to protect people and assets from advanced threats on the network.
As a developer in this team, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into Amazon’s network architecture and closely work with networking engineers to understand network management, configuration, and security. As a Software Engineer, you will also create the next generation of “tools and control software” for the Amazon’s network including lifecyle management applications, access control (ACL) and automation, configuration software.
- A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant networks & technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- You will play a leadership role in your team, will drive the best practices, and will play an important role in the design, architecture, and the evolution of network configuration management systems.
- You will be responsible for major deliverables, and will be expected to show good judgment, to think in terms of architectures, and to mentor other engineers in the team.
- A solid background in computer science: a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing software systems, preferably in Java, C or C++, Perl (Ruby/Python experience a plus).
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture.
- A strong understanding of operating systems, preferably Linux
- Strong expertise in applications security, cryptography, network security, or systems security
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in applications security, cryptography, network security, or systems security.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following areas: Firewalls, ACLs, L2/L3, TCP/IP, Routing/Forwarding, MPLS, UNIX/Linux kernel programming, BGP, OSPF
- Significant experience in platform-level vulnerability hardening or testing (Linux preferred). Experience with security auditing / risk assessments a plus.
- Knowledge of techniques, standards, and state of the art capabilities for Authentication/Authorization/Use of Cryptographic Systems
- Interest and experience in all aspects of computer and network security Entire lifecycle from programming, operations, use (including user experience)
- Interest in both evolutionary and breakthrough security research and development is preferred. Experience designing security solutions for operating systems and distributed systems.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...