Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) has an immediate opening in our Scottsdale Corporate offices for a Senior Web Programmer to join our Marketing Communications Web Group.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for both implementation and real-time support of complex, critical B2C and B2B website functions. You’ll be tasked with critical backend web development initiatives spanning across the entire FMIC portfolio of consumer-facing brand websites (Fender.com, GretschGuitars.com, EVHGear.com, JacksonGuitars.com, and many others), and internal B2B systems as well. You’ll need to be able to write clean, efficient, well-architected and well-documented code that seamlessly integrates with FMIC’s internal business systems and backend database architectures, as well as API’s provided by external business partners. You’ll act as the conduit between frontend web designers and developers to backend operations, with the ultimate goal being a fluid end user experience. You’ll work in close collaboration with surrounding departments and business units as required to achieve shared targets. Specific prior implementation experience with e-commerce systems and operations (i.e., card payment processors, shipment calculators, order status tracking, transactional security, consumer profile administration, etc.) is preferred for this role.
You’ll need to be able to fluently handwrite HTML and scripts from scratch when required, slice and optimize creative files, create extensive web administration tools for use by colleagues and integrate seamlessly with our backend corporate systems as well as our external entities such as payment processors, shipment calculators, etc.
***In order to be considered for this position, you’ll be required to provide 3-5 website URLs and must clearly identify your development role in each***
Additional requirements include:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience with backend website development using PHP and MySQL.
- Must be a detail-oriented person who assumes ownership of projects and system support, including real-time off-hours support as project requirements and system needs dictate.
- Strong understanding of relational database design, and specific implementation experience with MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, building and maintaining e-commerce systems, including secure integration with third party systems for payment, shipping, and other related services.
- Ability to collaborate with a surrounding creative team to provide a robust user experience.
- A strong understanding of performance considerations and algorithmic efficiencies in application design.
- Must have ability to properly scope and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high output environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science strongly preferred.
- Mobile application development experience (IOS and/or Android) a huge plus.
- ActionScript, building complex Flash apps and webserver administrative (LAMP environment) experience a plus.
- Top-notch organizational skills and excellent communication skills are a must.
- A passion for music is a must!
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is a leading, global musical instruments company whose comprehensive portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Guild®, Tacoma®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, Charvel®, EVH®, SWR® and Groove Tubes®, among others. Fender® instruments include the Telecaster®, Stratocaster®, Precision Bass® and Jazz Bass® guitars. For more information, visit www.fender.com .
In 2007, FMIC acquired KMC Music, one of the largest independent U.S. distributors of musical instruments and accessories. In 2011, KMC Music and Musicorp united their sales and catalog divisions as KMCMusicorp, creating a leading wholesaler of musical instruments, accessories and lighting equipment. KMCMusicorp produces and/or distributes Ovation®, Takamine® and Hamer® guitars; Latin Percussion®, Gretsch® Drums, Gibraltar® Hardware, Toca® Percussion, Sabian® cymbals and Genz Benz® amplifiers and more. For more information, visit www.kmcmusicorp.com .
FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation - 10 months ago