First Assistant Manager
Store 1835 - Nome, Alaska
The Northwest Division's Denali District (22) has an opening for a First Assistant Manager at Store 1835, located in Nome, Alaska. This is a full time, non-union, exempt position, and an excellent career move in preparation to becoming a Store Manager. Relocation assistance will be provided. Do you enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing, kayaking and boating? If so, you need to consider moving to Alaska. This would be a great opportunity to relocate and experience all that Alaska has to offer.
• Successful completion of the RLD program and various assignments as Second Assistant
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong math and analytical skills
• Previous experience as a First Assistant manager of a Safeway store desirable
• High School Diploma/GED or relevant work history, or demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• During the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is in charge of the store, with analogous authority, duties and powers as the Store Manager. When in charge of the store, the Assistant Manager fulfills all management responsibilities necessary to operate the store at maximum efficiency. The Assistant Store Manager may manage the store 50% of their duty time, and may be required to work any other store position.
• Supervise all store employees
• Evaluates performance of all store employees
• Recommends hiring of new employee
• Employee relations
• Administers security and cash control policies
• Handles customer complaints
• Reports customer and employee property accidents
• Supervises safety and sanitation programs
• Assists Store Manager with office and accounting functions
• Monitors all orders for merchandise
• Oversees upkeep for store maintenance
• Writes employee schedules
• Maintain communications with employees
• Responsible for the implementation of Safeway's Superior Customer Service Mission within the scope of the position and company policy.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing Date: March 10, 2013
Respond to: Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.careersatsafeway.com