This position will work closely with other technologists in Academic IT Solutions to help instructors and students in Yale College and the Graduate School use technology in their teaching and learning. This position supports Classes*v2 (Sakai), WordPress, Drupal, mobile learning technologies, as well as classroom and online presentation and collaboration technologies. Supports activities include consulting with instructors on learning activities and scholarly projects, responding to service requests by email and phone, and producing documentation. This position is expected to participate in outreach efforts including delivering workshops and presentations, and contributing to the department's social media channels including blogs and Twitter. These support and outreach activities will frequently be done in collaboration with partners in the Yale University Library, Yale Center for Language Study, and the Yale Teaching Center. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Acts as a project leader for Instructional Technology projects.
2. Provides consultation and makes recommendations for allocation of resources, product selection, and priorities.
3. Delivers technical expertise and provides recommendation in researching, evaluating and implementing new instructional technologies.
4. Provides high-level service for existing instructional technologies and projects, as well as high-end support for all instructional technology systems and other multimedia activities.
5. Manages operating systems, applications, web services, and content on the department’s servers.
6. Maintains in depth knowledge of existing and emerging instructional technologies.
7. Develops and reports on metrics that measure usage, reliability and client satisfaction for all technology services provided.
8. Manages relationships with internal and external clients, outside vendors, consultants and peer institutions.
9. Maintains highest possible degree of service and responsiveness in complex, multi-vendor, multiplatform environment.
10. Consults with faculty to assess instructional technology needs. Develops and implements solutions to meet those needs.
11. Provides training on the usage of instructional technologies, and other software and hardware.
12. Manages assigned project tasks to ensure timely and high quality outcomes. Provides regular status reports on assigned projects.
13. Supervises temporary and student workers.
14. May perform others duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree and at least three years of experience of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability using and supporting learning management systems .
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability using and supporting web content management systems.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Knowledge of policies relevant to the use of technology in education including copyright, accessibility, and student privacy.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master's degree in a related field preferred.
Experience with Sakai.
Experience with WordPress and Drupal.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 21 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...