About the Company
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight. DigitalGlobe is a public company listed on the NYSE as DGI, and is headquartered in Longmont, Colorado.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. The internal audit work at times could have SOX, ISO, or risk specific emphasis.
Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, IT and operational processes. Additionally, the Senior Internal Auditor, Operations performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. This position will also assist Internal Audit management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Senior Internal Auditor, Operations may often direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including resources from the co-sourcing firm.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of operations with the emphasis on IT systems.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members.
- Manage and perform routine internal audits to ensure compliance with applicable government regulations and company policies, including developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, supervising co-sourced staff, preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed, and follow-up on audit findings
- Participate in developing and updating the risk assessment and annual audit plan.
- Support preparation and update of Departmental policies, procedures, audit methodology.
Our compensation package includes: competitive base salary; annual incentive plan with payouts based on results; choice of medical plan; dental, life and disability insurance; employee assistance program; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; tuition reimbursement; 10 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off. DigitalGlobe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DigitalGlobe has its eye on you. The company provides satellite imagery used for a variety of applications, including mapping, urban...