The Loss Prevention Associate is responsible for executing the company’s Loss Prevention, Shortage Control and Safety programs at the store level. Responsible for monitoring the physical protection and safety standards for the store’s merchandise, physical structure, customers and associates. Act as a deterrent to individuals involved in dishonest activity and if necessary make an apprehension as required. Detect report and resolving matters in the area of safety, inventory shortage, cash handling and theft, and for providing customer service as per company standards.
focus of position:
- Positively demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Patrol the store and stand at assigned locations in Burlington Coat Factory Loss Prevention Uniform jacket to create a professional and demonstrative visible Security presentation to Customers and Associates
- Detect and deter individuals involved in dishonest or illicit activity in the store. The physical detention of individuals responsible for shoplifting is required as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve internal theft cases at the direction of Loss Prevention Management
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to maintain physical security and protection of assets
- Monitor closed circuit television systems, if applicable
- Complete required audits and inspections and provide accurate documentation of results.
- Represent Burlington Coat Factory in court proceedings associated with Loss Prevention apprehensions and investigations when necessary.
- Enforce company standards as they relate to security and safety procedures
- Participate in the training of new hire associates in matters of loss prevention and safety procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections and communicate hazards to key holder on duty
- Ensure physical security by controlling access of associates and visitors
- Participate in the store's Shortage Control and Safety programs
- Execute directives as assigned by Regional Loss Prevention Manager or Store Management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to execute assigned responsibilities in difficult and stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards, using judgment and discretion and adhere to all company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle merchandise, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Experience in Retail Loss Prevention preferred.
- Successfully complete background verification (pre-employment)
- Ability to stand and patrol store for extended periods of time.
- Availability to meet minimum scheduling requirements as set forth by the company.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!