Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.® (Pioneer) is a national leader in the collection industry providing collection services on defaulted debt. Headquartered in New York, Pioneer employs more than 1,000 professionals and is the largest private sector employer in Wyoming County, New York. Pioneer also has offices located in Florida and New Jersey.
Pioneer maintains partnerships with federal and state clients, guarantee agencies, credit card providers as well as colleges and universities. Pioneer provides its clients with quality results, experience, leadership, and technology, including state-of-the art infrastructure, telecommunications, and collections systems, ensuring the best the industry has to offer.
Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of SLM Corporation®, commonly known as Sallie Mae, and a member of Sallie Mae's Collection Services. Sallie Mae is the nation's No.1 paying-for-college company and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (NASDAQ: SLM).
* Full Time
* $12+/hr plus Bonus
* Paid Time Off, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, 401k w/ Company Match, Tuition Assistance and more!
* Career growth
* Your earnings are based on YOUR hard work!
Our professional level Collectors conduct research to locate and contact defaulted student loan borrowers by telephone and written notices to ensure full repayment or arrange acceptable payment arrangements. Solicit loan consolidation and rehabilitation when appropriate. Problem solve and perform due diligence functions to ensure compliance with all Federal Regulations. Always adhere to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as all bankruptcy laws both state and federal.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience working independently while being a team player
- Experience working in a fast paced collections environment and meet formal goals
- Computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, and must have the ability to be firm, direct, and concise with consumers while maintaining a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to display high levels of initiative, motivation, flexibility.- Must be results-oriented and persistent when faced with obstacles.
- Must Pass a Federal Background Check
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.