Develops and leads team of sales compensation specialists for a specific region to support Cox Business (CB) sales commission and incentive processes. Supports CB sales compensation plan design by providing feedback on opportunities related to current plans; evaluating effectiveness of potential compensation plans using modeling techniques. Provides reporting and analysis through a system of standardized and ad hoc market level reporting for local sales personnel and leadership; interprets results and provides guidance to local leadership on best course of action. This role provides oversight and supervision of the Sales Compensation Specialist role. This role requires the ability to work independently and provide guidance for ambiguous situations.
- Supervises teams and oversees related processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of all sales commission and incentive payments
- Implements process standards, controls and best practices across markets and ensures commission payments are calculated accordingly
- Supports CB sales compensation plan design by providing feedback on opportunities related current plans; evaluating effectiveness of potential compensation plans using modeling techniques
- Provides reporting and analysis through a system of standardized and ad hoc market level reporting for local sales personnel and leadership; interprets results and provides guidance to local leadership on best course of action.
- Provides support in testing configuration and plan changes in the Sales Performance Management system
- Provide support for special projects related to Cox Business sales compensation
- Serves as subject matter expert on commission plans, sales performance management (SPM) system, analytics, and reporting for corporate and local CB sales personnel
- Supervises auditing of commission payment calculations to ensure accuracy and validity of payments and related commissioned installed sales (CIS) metric
- Oversees verification of billing data to customer contract terms to identify and correct errors and discrepancies
- Oversees reporting and analyses through a system of standardized and ad hoc market level and consolidated CB reporting
- Supports delivery of pertinent sales metric data for reporting and analysis
- Builds team of commissions specialists through recruiting, developing, coaching and performance management
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical and reporting role or in sales compensation analysis or sales performance management systems
- Moderate to advanced relational database skills
- Moderate to advanced Excel skills
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies
- AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a management role preferred
- Xactly Incent or other sales performance management (SPM) experience
- Oracle Database experience
Aligning Performance for Success
Building a Successful Team
Contributing to Team Success
Managing Work (includes Time Management)
Planning and Organizing
Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills
Lives Cox Values
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diver sity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications - 23 months ago
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...