Come join Intel Labs, Intel's premier research group, and experience a world of opportunity!
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer for the essential role of circuit and backend design in a new CPU architecture. Responsibilities for this position would include but not be limited to:
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate
- Hands on involvement in circuit design, circuit design studies, power estimations, power simulations, timing simulations and area estimation
- Conversion of micro-architectural specification to circuit implementation
- Analysis and modeling of power delivery components
- Documentation and presentation of the design work
- Interaction with cross functional and cross site teams to coordinate design effort
- Driving and implementing backend design flows
- Working closely with RTL, micro-architecture and software
- Modeling of backend issues in high level behavioral language such as Matlab and C/C++
- Backend integration of sub components
- Providiing R&D support on complex backend related issues
- Strong communication skills and an ability to lead technical tasks
- A problem solver and team player
- An ability and willingness to collaborate with cross-org/cross-geo teams
- Passion for quality and timeliness
- An aptitude to challenge the status quo and drive innovation
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experiences.
- Must have a MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Minimum 4 years of experience with the following skill sets:
- Backend design of CPU and SoCs; this includes completed project cycles
- Backend tools/flows and process technology nodes
- Model power supply networks, estimate power dissipation, run timing and area estimates
- RTL, SPICE, Library Characterization, timing simulators
- 6+ years of experience with the above skill sets
- 4+ years of direct experience with CPUs and SoCs
USA-California, Santa Clara
Dec 11, 2012
Feb 28, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 15 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...