National Association of Manufacturers
Job Title: Receptionist
Department: Human Resources Department
Work Schedule: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
SUMMARY The National Association of Manufacturers is seeking a dynamic, multi-talented and versatile front desk specialist who will be the warm and friendly “face” of the NAM to staff, visitors, members and all who enter the NAM’s beautiful new, state of the art facilities located in downtown DC. The receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing callers to the appropriate individual, taking messages and other similar activities to insure a high level of customer service internally and externally. This position is also a pivotal member of the human resources team and the NAM safety committee, handling such projects as flu shots annually, CPR training and other similar tasks. Position also has a unique opportunity to assist in the external relations department providing administrative support for the Council of Manufacturing Associations. This is not just a job, but a truly unique and exciting part of a team of professionals dedicated to being the most powerful and unwavering voice for policies that support manufacturers' ability to grow the economy, create well-paying jobs and improve standards of living. One of the NAM values is to recruit only the very best people and we are looking for the best to join our team. We are offering a competitive salary and benefits and an outstanding work environment. To apply go to http://www.nam.org/About-Us/Careers/Careers-Landing-Page.aspx
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma; minimum two years of experience with a multi-line phone system.
- Two years’ experience working in a professional office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Position requires a cheerful and people-oriented disposition, with ability to interact with various levels of people in a courteous, friendly and helpful manner
- Must be able to read about and generally understand the issues and activities of the Association and keep abreast of top priorities and projects to determine needs of callers and visitors.
- Position requires a high degree of reliability, punctual arrival and ability to occasionally work during the afternoons.
- Must be able to multi-task providing a high level of customer service
- Must be flexible and able to handle changing priorities and additional, unplanned tasks
- Must have ability to handle stress
- Must be able to maintain schedule of 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Indeed - 18 months ago