With 50 Petabytes of data under management, and with over 6500 servers in 14 global Data Centers, Autonomy is a leader in the Cloud computing space. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of a technical staff that is responsible for the systems and software that make up Autonomy’s production Cloud/Hosting service offerings. We provide 24/7 data protection in a constantly growing and evolving environment.
The majority of our environment is built on Windows technologies and thus the position requires excellent skills with the entire suite of Microsoft server technologies including scripting.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced level support and troubleshooting of Windows Server Operating Systems in a production datacenter environment
- Troubleshoot hardware problems (multi-vendor) and work with remote data center staff
- Write scripts (Ruby, Perl, etc.) for various ad-hoc tasks (collecting and parsing data)
- Work with the Technical Support team for resolution of customer issues in a timely fashion
- Act as the lead on projects of moderate to large size
- Participate in an on-call rotation to resolve after hours problems
- Develop and improve processes and best practices within our production operation
- Work closely with Engineering teams while representing Operations
- Troubleshoot SQL performance issues
- Troubleshoot problems and create well documented bug reports as needed
- Develop and document procedures for use within the Operations team
- 5-7 years industry experience
- Experience with the troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and performance analysis of Windows Server Operating systems.
- Windows Server Operating systems.
- Microsoft SQL Server advanced knowledge (SQL 2005/2008, T-SQL query building)
- Experience and working knowledge of storage technologies (RAID levels, NAS, DAS, SAN)
- Scripting ability (Ruby, Perl, a plus)
- Familiarity with Active Directory / LDAP
- Familiarity with Networking technologies (TCP/IP, Firewall, VPN)
- Familiarity with ITIL (certification a plus)
- Excellent time management skills, ability to adapt to multiple competing priorities and still deliver on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead meetings
- Ability to influence across teams (Support, Engineering, Operations)
Autonomy - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -