Corporate Business Services
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
Our website is
To support our growth, we are seeking an intern to work in our Financial Planning and Analysis Department. This is a paid internship that will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Fairfax, VA for a period of 10-12 weeks during the summer. The intern will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality financial products and services, typically working on various projects with all levels of staff.
Interns at ICF International have an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge, interact with experienced professionals, and build content knowledge. This internship will focus on providing students with an in-depth knowledge of corporate finance from a public company perspective.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly indirect cost reports for senior management and business managers
- Assist in the compilation of the monthly financial package for executive management
- Participate in various financial planning and analysis ad hoc projects as needed
- Compile and manipulate data in Excel
- Prepare presentations in Power Point
- Gather data across various groups and departments within the company
- Assist other groups within finance, including Accounting and Treasury, as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program (finance or related field) at a fully accredited university
- The applicant must have completed at least 2 years of education towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Must be able to work 30-40 hours per week (June - August)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to learn how to use and maintain custom databases effectively
- Prior experience in an office setting
- Experience with financial data and vocabulary
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of highly proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff
- Ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible as needs change
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at
ICF International - 6 months ago
Consultant ICF International sees opportunity in government spending. The firm advises government entities and businesses on issues related...