Purpose for the Position: Direct the personnel performing the equipment maintenance function, including spare parts management, managing PM program, procurement and the machine shop, in order to ensure the proper, timely and efficient maintenance of Marietta Corporation packaging equipment and support systems .
Supervises/directs packaging equipment maintenance personnel in their daily duties
Aides in scheduling of production lines considering machine capabilities, readiness, etc., to arrive at highest output with lowest manning.
Assures that safety guidelines are followed and that equipment repairs or installations include required safety fixtures.
Works with R&D/Engineering on the design of new concepts in packaging and package sizing.
Maintains required preventative maintenance programs for existing equipment and works with engineering on new installations to develop preventive maintenance programs.
Plans and maintains parts and labor budgets.
Coordinates with Engineering on installations to assure that the mechanics are trained on the new equipment.
Trouble shoots equipment problems and directs personnel to resolve them quickly.
Offer innovative ideas to reduce costs.
Monitors daily line reports for efficiencies and down time.
Establishes department metrics and reports on a regular basis.
Plans for and directs equipment upgrades.
Maintains CGMP compliance in department through training, audits, change control and education; writes SOP’s to maintain GMP compliance.
Write procedures to define the duties of the employees that work in the department.
Manages vendors that support equipment repairs and installations.
Manages overtime requirements and the scheduling of personnel.
Ensure enforcement by subordinates of all procedures.
Understands fully the intent of cGMP’s.
Performs other related duties as required.
- read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
- use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
- understand the government regulations covering business operations.
- make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
- make business decisions based on your own experience and personal opinion.
- see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
- deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- plan and organize the work of others.
- change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- speak and write clearly.
- accept the full responsibility for managing an activity.
Marietta Corp - 13 months ago