Position Title : Project Manager – Global Energy
Company: IMI plc
Location: RSM, Denver, Houston, or Chicago
The Project Manager - Global Energy will be instrumental in supporting IMI’s Energy Management program to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets. This role will be responsible for designing, developing, planning and managing all aspects of Energy Conservation Projects across all platforms and aligning businesses with the 20:20 initiative.
Required Experience/ Qualifications
- Assist Operations Managers, RB and Energy Champions in the successful completion of project development, project quotes, purchasing, schedules, budgets, scopes of work, and standards for energy management across the Group.
- Coordinate the efforts and resource allocation of the functional departments through direct communication with management.
- Manage and delegate actions to key individuals in addition to allocating resources in reaching key deliverables
- Utilize a proposal generator to design, analyze and calculate potential energy savings resulting from implementation of energy conservation measures.
- Review technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects and ensure timely approval and implementation as well as effective execution.
- Remain current on energy conservation measures, standards, and technologies by attending trade shows, technical courses, and other sources of education.
- Direct and manage project development through defining and monitoring project scope, goals and deliverables throughout the life of energy-efficiency projects including confirmation of completion and on-going savings.
- 3 years in project management and/or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- An engineering degree or extensive coursework in a technical field of study. Five years of experience in energy efficiency project development preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in engineering related field.
- Working knowledge of energy efficient lighting, HVAC and other building systems for commercial, industrial and institutional companies.
- Proficient in databases (excel, etc)
- Meticulous attention to detail.\
- Willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Embodies IMI Core Values.
- Strong service and results orientation.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Able to prioritize, multitask, and manage time and resources effectively, contributing to multiple projects.
- Superior interpersonal skills, win-win mind-set, relationship-builder.
- Excellent communication skills – written, spoken, listening with ability to explain and interpret complex issues clearly, mindful of audience.
- High-energy, drive, ambition, self-starter.
IMI Way - Demonstrates the behaviors and actions outlined in the IMI Way Code of Responsible Business. This includes honesty, integrity, concern for others, ethical conduct, and respect to customers, colleagues, shareholders, and community.
Integrity - Conducts self in a professional, ethical and respectful manner at all times with all employee levels. Demonstrates honesty, trustworthiness and loyalty.
Knowledge & Expertise - Possesses a sufficient knowledge of job requirements and responsibilities and maintains a proficient level of all job-related skills. Actively seeks and requests training or developmental opportunities that will address learning gaps and/or knowledge, skill or ability deficiencies. Demonstrates job-related aptitude and confidence.
Ownership & Accountability - Takes control of daily and long-term strategic plans and objectives as they relate to individual goals. Prioritizes work projects, meets deadlines and commitments, and consistently achieves excellence in all areas of responsibility. Demonstrates dependability, discipline and loyalty.
Performance & Results - Exhibits a clear understanding of individual, departmental and company goals and objectives and ensures that these goals and objectives are met. Demonstrates self-motivation and persistence.
Teamwork & Collaboration - Works effectively with others to achieve goals. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, trust, and solidarity among team members. Treats all people with respect, courtesy, and consideration. Remains open to new ideas and approaches. Communicates effectively. Demonstrates a positive and supportive attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an established industry leader with 50+ years of experience, CCI believes in the power of innovation, integrity and excellence. We’re continually making sure we have the right people in place to take us to the next level. Salary depends on skills and experience. CCI offers medical/dental coverage, flexible benefits, and 401(k). CCI is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (office/cubicle environment with computers, fax machines and printers operating) to loud (manufacturing environment with large machinery operating).