The City Auditor's Office performs audits for the City of Colorado Springs and its enterprises, including Colorado Springs Utilities, Colorado Springs Airport, and other City-related entities. This Auditor position, which will be assigned to the information systems auditing group, will perform security, efficiency, and effectiveness audits. It will also provide assistance in planning, executing, and reporting of electronic data processing and information security activities. Information systems auditing duties will include performing a variety of supervised auditing tests and procedures such as the physical examination of assets, confirmation, documentation, observation, inquiries of personnel, verification of mechanical accuracy, and analytical tests using Audit Command Language (ACL) and other tools. |
This is an at-will position .
Examples of Job Competencies
- Ability to execute supervised security, efficiency, and effectiveness audits in accordance with accepted professional standards
- Prepare accurate working papers
- Conduct preliminary discussions related to possible areas of concern with operating personnel to verify facts and obtain explanations for such concerns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to gain an understanding of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations
- Ability to evaluate and obtain a thorough understanding of the information systems under examination
- Aptitude to gain knowledge of financial and operation characteristics, and services/activities of complex business programs and functions
- Ability to gain an understanding of generally accepted principles and practices of information systems and technologies, auditing, records management, and report preparation
- Research data processing and information security methods, technologies, and audit frameworks
- Highly attentive to details and possess an understanding of what's involved in an appropriate business transaction (need a critical eye when reviewing this information)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting or a related field.
One year of full-time auditing, accounting, or related information systems experience.
Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or Certified Fraud Examiner. Advanced degree in business, finance, information systems, or public administration. Related experience working in utilities or city government.
Please visit www.springsgov.com on the Human Resources/City Jobs page to fill out an online application by clicking the City of Colorado Springs Job Openings – Apply Now button. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application will not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
The City's application process does not allow uploading and attaching resumes or cover letters. Instead, supplemental information may be pasted into your application by clicking the "Edit Resume" link while creating or editing the application.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the status of your application, go to www.springsgov.com >
; City Jobs > City of Colorado Springs Job Openings - Apply Now button.
To learn more about the City of Colorado Springs, go to www.springsgov.com . Equal Opportunity Employer