The Real Estate Case Assistant will report to the Firmwide Paralegal Manager and the Paralegal Coordinator and will be responsible for case and project coordination of real estate matters.
Strong commitment to learning the client’s business and real estate portfolio, and becoming a fully integrated member of the client practice team.
Creates, updates and manages facilities charts, spreadsheets and other property-related administrative documentation for purposes of organization of client’s portfolio.
Organizes and maintains file management systems.
Schedules and conducts regular meetings with members of client practice team to stay apprised of recent client developments, including updating associated organizational documentation.
Responsible for tracking all acquisitions, sales, and leases and organizing filing systems.
Meets the firm’s annual billable hour requirement of 1,200 billable hours for Case Assistants; additionally, meets the firm’s annual total professional hour requirement of 300 hours for Case Assistants.
Qualifications and Working Environment:
The Real Estate Case Assistant will work with Real Estate attorneys and paralegals, under the supervision of the Paralegal Coordinator. Communication with other firm personnel and others outside of the firm may be required to accomplish the duties of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Licenses / Certifications
- Four year college degree required.
- Paralegal certification required.
Skills & Abilities
- One plus year(s) of experience preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Effective and efficient time management.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced client practice.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter; high motivation.
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on different tasks and assignments.
- Taking pride and ownership in work product.
- Strong desire to complete projects in a timely yet exact manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collegial team environment
Hardware / Software
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel), document management system(s) and best of breed applications.
Personal characteristics that contribute to success in this position are as follows: Strong work ethic; high achiever; high degree of personal responsibility and accountability; strong desire to succeed and “make a difference”; “go-getter” attitude; and strong intuitive skills.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
Position requires frequent sitting and some reaching, kneeling and walking.
Position may require travel.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that that incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job.
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP - 21 months ago