The Underwriter Intern will report to the Small Accounts Business Director. The Underwriter Intern will perform cancellations, declinations, reissues and other routine transactions upon the request of the Underwriter. This position’s objective is to provide support to the underwriting staff.
This is a full-time summer internship and will require someone who can work at least 40 hours per week. Start and end dates will be based on availability and business need.
The items listed are essential functions of the position unless otherwise stated
Performs routine transactional activities on established accounts of the least complex risks following established procedures.
Issues and assembles policies under receipt of the underwriter.
Processes cancellations, declinations, and reissues of policies upon the request of the underwriter.
Fields routine agency service requests, referring more complex issues to the underwriter.
Ensures accurate and timely servicing of accounts.
Nonessential function: other duties as assigned.
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Responsiveness to customer needs.
- Ability to work well with both internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be detailed oriented
- Ability to work as an outstanding team member and perform based on established standards and expectations.
Applications must be received by 5 PM, April 12, 2013.
- Must be currently enrolled and have completed at least 60 credit hours with an accredited college or university.
- Preference may be given to those pursuing a degree in Business Administration and/or Finance.
Brickstreet Mutual Insurance - 10 months ago