Tizen Distribution Developer
Job Description: Develop software components and solutions for the Tizen Core OS. The Tizen Core supports multiple devices and architectures and is the foundation for all Tizen derivatives. You optimize the platform software to boot and operate efficiently. You integrate new software components into project specific derivatives. You build new Tizen OS derivatives with partners and customers. You maintain and upgrade, patch, secure the current Tizen OS components. You develop, implement, package, build, test and integrate code changes. Development is done upstream-first in many cases, and you will be expected to follow the Open Source development methodology.
- Masters degree in CS, EE or equivalent or demonstrable equivalent in experience.
- Three years of Linux/UNIX Software Development.
- Three years of Linux Distribution development.
- Two years of experience programming in in C/C++.
- Five years of hands-on Linux experience, fluency in shell usage, knowledge of the GNU Linux OS and the components it exists of.
- A demonstrable experience in Open Source Development is a pre.
- Linux kernel development experience is a pre.
Jan 9, 2013
Jun 1, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Intel's Open Source Technology Center (OTC) is Intel's Linux development group and employs some of Linux' smartest developers and influential Linux Kernel maintainers. We develop Open Source solutions for Linux, (Android, Tizen, Yocto), Solaris. Intel OTC is a major contributor to many key Linux/Open Source projects such as the Linux Kernel, gcc, GNOME, Qt, Wekbit, Xorg.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...