This individual will provide product expertise, sell and service John Deere FarmSight Value Added Services and support all John Deere Ag Management Solutions and as well as build long term relationships within the territory to maximize company profitability and market share. This individual will be expected to specialize in the product lines in order to provide support to the sales professionals and customers on the products.
Specific Duties Include:
Increase market share and profitability for Ag Management Solution (AMS) products within the area of RDO Equipment Co.’s responsibility.
Develop relationships and network throughout the industry to monitor and participate in all product activities. Know the market; where future work will be done, where it is currently being done and by whom. Develop an open and “real time” channel of communication throughout the industry.
Sell and support the John Deere FarmSight Value Added Services.
Track all activities with company provided resources.
Create opportunities by evaluating customer fleets and techniques, and proactively propose better solutions
- Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
Schedule, organize and perform product demonstrations and technical presentations.
Coordinate the delivery of all new machines and provide onsite operation and maintenance training. Regularly follow up with customer’s deliveries to insure they remain fully trained, well supported and highly satisfied.
Communicate regularly with the store management and full line sales professionals to share information on activity within their regions.
Be a primary channel of communication for product technical and commercial issues with manufacturing partners.
Be an active and highly visible participant in industry groups and events and k eep abreast of competitive activity, products, and pricing .
Seek additional sales, parts and service opportunities for the Company and report those prospects to the appropriate team members.
Provide training for our customers and employees, which includes continual education on developments for our product line, as well as that of our competitors.
Assist customers with parts, service and repair requirements.
Ability to work independently
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
Prior sales experience and/or training
Good understanding of local market conditions
Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery preferred
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent computer skills