SunGard Availability Services (SunGard AS) Consulting provides technology services to help our customers remain available, adaptable and operationally excellent. We do this by advising and supporting our customers in the management of risk for their mission critical processes, systems, and people. Unlike other companies that offer individual technology services, SunGard is focused on providing responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting, business continuity risk management services as well as business continuity management software solutions, to help organizations keep people, process and information connected. Within SunGard AS, the Consulting Services division is migrating to a partner based consulting model. Our goal is to drive more strategic value to our customers through deeper relationships with broader risk based service offerings.
SunGard AS is an operational unit of SunGard. With annual revenue of more than $5 billion, SunGard is a global leader in software and processing solutions for the financial services, higher education, energy trading and public sector. SunGard serves more than 25,000 customers in more than 50 countries, including the world’s 50 largest financial services organizations. SunGard’s combination of industry leading consulting services and software solutions provide distinct advantages to customers that are not available from our competition and limitless career opportunities for our over 25,000 team members around the world.
In this role you will bring practical experience and thought leadership to SunGard’s clients as we help them to conceive, plan, build, and execute their cloud computing strategies and solutions. While delivering on current projects you are also expected to be able to support the growth of our Cloud practice by expanding our service capabilities and driving new business opportunities.
* Provide experience based guidance and implementation of Cloud Computing solutions, tools, architecture, and approaches
* Server as a subject matter expert lead on the execution and delivery of consulting projects
* Ensure timely and quality delivery of solutions and capabilities
* Assist customers with the planning and design of system architecture to allow rapid scaling to meet demand
* Work with customers to plan and coordinate the implementation of moderate to complex system and software migrations
* Attaining Billable Utilization and target Sales goals
* Become a subject matter expert in Cloud Consulting solution offerings
* Actively participate in the development of new service offerings and capabilities
* Maintain a thorough understanding of Technology Architecture delivery methodologies and have the ability to speak to client personnel about them
Must have strong proven skills across a number of the following areas
- Relevant practical work experience designing, building, and/or operation cloud environments; preferably including a combination of both enterprise and consulting work
- Strong belief in “Infrastructure as Code” – administering and operating systems through scripts, API’s, tooling, and automation
- Solid understanding of technology fundamentals enabling cloud – compute, storage, networking, security
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Ability to learn quickly and incorporate new knowledge in the rapidly evolving cloud landscape
- Excellent communication skills
- Cloud Technologies & Fundamentals
o AWS/Eucalytpus, OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud
o Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Capistrano
o RightScale, Rackware, CloudPortal Business Manager, other cloud management tools
o Cloud Security
o Cloud Disaster Recovery
- DevOps style Cloud Administration/Operations
o Architecting, deploying, and maintaining monitoring and data collection/trending solutions (Nagios / Cacti / Munin / Graphite).
o Web servers (Apache, IIS), load balancers (nginx, HAProxy and Varnish) and high availability systems
o SQL, NoSQL, memcached, and other database technologies
o Programming ability in one or more of the following: Java, .NET/C#, Python, Perl, Ruby
o Years of hands-on experience operating and administering Linux /Unix/Windows
- Cloud Architecture & Design; particularly hybrid cloud & workload mobility solutions
- Cloud Migration Planning & Execution
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering or related) at an accredited university or equivalent work experience
SunGard Availability Services
How to apply
SunGard AS (US-External Careers Site) using Application Form (US-External)
Link to job posting:
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...