Under close supervision, processes functions relating to payroll to include payroll
processing, automated time-keeping systems and government reporting in an accurate and timely manner. Trains
employees and managers in the use of automated time-keeping systems.
Performs all phases of the payroll processing cycle to include tax deposits,
quarterly tax returns, master payroll balancing and required governmental reporting in an accurate and timely
manner. Implements forms and processes to streamline payroll function.
Processes bi-weekly payroll for entire organization: Reviews and inputs timecards manually and via electronic
import into payroll software; ensures required signatures are obtained; completes and posts payroll; prints and
distributes paychecks, pay stubs, and other payroll related information. Updates and maintains payroll files and
databases to reflect personnel payroll changes.
Prepares and files various bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Imports and exports report from the
accounting and payroll computer programs for processing. Reconciles assigned accounts.
Fills in for supervisor as needed. Assists employees, timekeepers, and supervisors with database training, payroll
issues, and requests for payroll information on a regular basis. Researches payroll issues/discrepancies, and
processes necessary corrections. Complies with the regulatory standards and policies and procedures of payroll.
- Knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll tracking, reconciliation and reporting.
- Knowledge of applicable computer system software programs.
- Knowledge of the regulatory standards and policies and procedures of payroll.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing various payroll software applications.
- Skill in working independently, multitasking, prioritizing projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Skill in using analytical and research skills in performance of job duties.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
A high school diploma or GED equivalent, AND one (1) year of payroll
experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule. May be
called out to work off-shift in emergency situations. According to the needs of the organization, some incumbents
in this job class may be required to obtain additional specific technical certifications.
This position requires persistent
repetitive movements of the hands, wrists and fingers and the ability to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to
lift approximately 20 pounds.