The District Sales Leader (DSL) Designate role is designed as a 6-9 month leadership training program. As a DSL Designate, you will receive a customized on-boarding plan to assimilate and assure skill transfer in preparation for a District Sales Leader position. You will learn the Frito Lay Route Sales System and base skills of the District Sales Leader position. You will gain exposure to the key players and functions across the Region Business Team. The training and assimilation for this position involves 4 months of route level work to learn the foundation of the business and develop an understanding of our DSD network and supply chain. The job is in a physical work environment with varying length work days/schedule. In the retail industry, weekends and holidays are often our most demanding days. Candidates must be willing and prepared to work weekends and holidays as is required.
Upon completion of the training program, you will share responsibility for all aspects of managing a sales district of 10-12 Route Sales Representatives (RSR) with varying levels of experience and education. Each District Sales Leader leads a 5-10 Million dollar business. You will be responsible for administrative and technical support, as well as facilitating information. The DSL Designate must manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The DSL Designate must be able to analyze situations accurately taking effective action under narrow time constraints. It is imperative that you have strong leadership skills, good communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Successfully complete all activities included in the DSL Designate training program
- Successfully interact with Customers and effectively sell in and execute sales programs and initiatives
- Lead district meetings focused on plan to achieve sales objectives and other goals
- Conduct one-with-one meetings with RSR's to discuss performance
- Conduct "work-withs" and coaching sessions with RSR's to develop their selling and customer service skills
- Coach RSR's to successfully sell against baseline and promotion opportunities
- Collect, chart and interpret statistical data; manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required Position
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
- Bachelors Degree required in Business or related major
- Must have 3-5 years of prior related experience, preferably in Food /Beverage, DSD/Retail, etc
- Prior direct management experience leading a team of people
- Demonstrated leadership ability Class C Drivers License and clear driving record for past 3 years
- Good physical condition able to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop and kneel
- Highly motivated self starter skilled at leading people and managing financial results
PepsiCo - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
PepsiCo, Inc. (PepsiCo) is a global snack and beverage company. The Company manufactures, markets and sells a range of salty, convenient,...