is a vibrant, energetic, and growing ISO-certified technology and management consulting partner that provides critical thinking, strategic analysis, and thought leadership in a collaborative environment in an enduring effort to improve performance, lower costs, and achieve results for clients. Founded in 1994, we are a privately-held corporation with headquarters in Arlington, VA and project office nationwide. We have over 200 employees and boast a retention rate of +90%. We are guided by our principles: Clarity. Action. Results—for each client engagement we work to gain clarity, move into action, and achieve results. OnPoint specializes in delivering solutions in Information Assurance, Network Operations, Project Management and Systems Development.
We have a current opening for a Senior Systems Engineer on a software development and infrastructure maintenance team on a long-term project with the U.S. Department of State.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Systems Engineer will work with an infrastructure team to support various windows servers in a cleared environment and will be support the following applications:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (SCCM 2007),
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (MS IIS),
- MS Exchange,
- MS SQL, and
- Other client/server and WEB applications.
The Senior Systems Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Installing and supporting network hardware, operating systems, applications software and updates.
- Performing routine network administrative functions including: backups, monitoring of system operations, executing of network utilities, troubleshooting and resolving of network hardware/software failures, and configuring all software/hardware following Diplomatic Security (DS) security guidelines.
- Configuring, establishing, and supporting Microsoft LAN systems involving application of microcomputer technology and networking in a client/server and Web environment.
- Providing the second level of support to assist the Help Desk Support/Analyst/Operator in problem resolution.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar field of study (7 years of work experience without a degree)
- A minimum of 1 year of hands-on systems engineering experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience providing PC, server and network support
- Experience providing Level 3 technical support required
- Experience with VMWare required
- Current active Top Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Must have the demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred
- SIPRNet or Host-Based Security System (HBSS – a DISA system) experience preferred
- Experience with the Department of State or the Department of Defense preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
OnPoint Consulting is an equal opportunity employer who firmly supports and recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Candidates for positions with OnPoint Consulting must be authorized to work in the United States without benefit of visa sponsorship.
Candidates for this position will undergo a pre-employment background investigation and may be required to undergo a government-sponsored background investigation to determine suitability for access to classified information.
OnPoint Consulting, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
OnPoint provides management excellence that leverages technology to improve the way government works. We partner with clients who believe in...