This position exists for the safe, efficient, and timely transport of patients, patients? belongings, and medical records to and from nursing units and ancillaries. Serves as a liaison/goodwill ambassador to patients and their families. The incumbent serves as an information resource to visitors, patients, and staff by answering questions, providing accurate up-to-date information, and giving directions to areas on the campus. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires excellent customer services skills.
- Requires familiarity with patient lifting and handling procedures so as to minimize patient discomfort and potential for injury.
- Requires connecting and disconnecting gauges to oxygen cylinders following specified safety precautions.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentially and work well with patients who are ill.
- Requires alertness to emergency situations during patient transportation and seeks help promptly if the need arises.
- Requires ability to read; write; and follow directions in English.
- Requires the ability to recognize and report faulty equipment.
- Requires the ability to work well under time constraints.
Indiana University Health - 21 months ago