Working At Aetna -- the Value To YouWhat does it mean to work at Aetna? A lot. From programs and benefits that support your financial, physical and emotional health to opportunities to build your knowledge and expand your career, the company makes working here a valuable experience in many ways.
**Position can be located in Cleveland, OH, Beachwood, OH, Westlake, OH, Chicago, IL or Pittsburgh, PA**
Health Data & Management Solutions, Inc. (HDMS), a subsidiary of Aetna, is a software development company on the cutting edge of health IT data solutions. Offering data warehouse, management and analysis tools for the healthcare industry, HDMS strives to improve and enhance its product suite for health plans, employers and providers through constant innovation. HDMS' web-based products and services provide flexible, high-value reporting tools that empower users to maximize the value of their health care data and support benefit decisions.
For more information about Health Data & Management Solutions, please visit www.hdms.com or contact email@example.com
- Manage, install, configure and support Linux operating systems and third party vendor software.
- Provide support of our applications including escalation and system performance of production platforms.
- Develop and maintain plans to ensure successful recovery of operating systems environment in the event of a disaster according to Corporate Disaster Recovery Policy.
- Perform systems analysis and tuning to insure optimal operating systems response for multi-user applications.
- Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives.
- Recommend improvements; maintain/monitor production and non-production systems to ensure infrastructure performs at maximum efficiency. - Implement/maintain Corporate Data Security guidelines.
- Minimum of 5 years of cumulative UNIX or Linux Systems Administration experience is required
- Strong scripting skills
- Proficient with various aspect of Linux administration
- Fundamental networking and routing concepts.
- Ability to achieve deadlines and to set and achieve goals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Capable of managing smaller projects to successful completion with minimal management oversight
- Redhat Enterprise Linux, HP-UX 11iv[2,3]; HP-UX ServiceGuard
- File system management: LVM, VxVM(Veritas Volume Manager), Clustered File Systems
- Scripting Languages (Perl, Bash, TCSH, SH or POSIX )
- HP Data Protector or equivalent backup solution
- Web Server (Zeus, Apache, MySQL, JBoss) maintenance and administration
- Application performance optimization experience
- Network storage (SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Other Network Services (SSH, DNS, FTP, etc.)
- Brocade Fiber switches
- 3Par, IBM/XIV SANs
- Puppet experience a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
**Great Salary & bonus potential**
How to apply
Please use the "Apply" link to apply to this position. If you cannot view this link, you can find this position on our website by visiting: www.aetna.com/working, click on apply online, search openings, and enter 12468BR in the keyword field. Additional information on what it’s like to work for Aetna and more can also be found on our website.
We value leadership, creativity and initiative. If you share those values and a commitment to excellence and innovation, consider a career with Aetna.
We conduct pre-employment drug and background testing.
Aetna does not permit the use of tobacco related products or drugs in the workplace.
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Aetna is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity within the context of the business to achieve their potential. Aetna's Affirmative Action responsibilities extend to women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans. Company policy also provides for equal opportunity for qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
No search firms please.
You will not be asked for personal information until you have been fully evaluated through Aetna's screening processes. Aetna will never ask applicants for money. If you want to verify the identity of someone who contacts you from Aetna, call 1-800-AETNAHR (1-800-238-6247).
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. We are...