As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Establish and maintain the following servers including but not limited to: Domain Controllers, Exchange, SharePoint, TIGR, Mission Command Server, and CPOF.
- Maintain knowledge of Microsoft Windows Enterprise services including Active Directory, SharePoint, and knowledge of the Army C4ISR systems to include but not limited to the Mission Command Server (MCS).
- Maintain knowledge of virtualization software such as VMWare, to meet on-going consolidation solutions being utilized by the Army.
- Evaluate hardware and software for large, complex networks to determine which products best meet organization and customer needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems to ensure minimal disruption of mission-critical applications.
- Respond to trouble-tickets, diagnose problems, assist users, maintain user and maintenance documentation, and evaluate system performance.
- Manage software upgrades and patches making sure to validate proper working of all patches.
- Comprehensive knowledge of imaging software to include but not limited to Symantec Ghost, Clonezilla, and PXE.
- Manage software changes, and install software and anti-virus updates.
- Research hardware and software issues regarding the network; maintain fault-tolerant systems, manage system backups, and conduct recovery tasks.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for users and participate as part of a technically diverse team in support of the Hawaii Mission Training Complex.
- Participate in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience
- Position requires the ability to hold a Secret clearance
Skills And Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques involved in system and network engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to use current hardware, software, and other equipment used in supporting Mission Training Complex Hawaii ongoing services.
- Microsoft MCITP certification or CompTIA Security + certification desired
- Comprehensive knowledge of san storage devices and interoperability with VM Ware products.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Products such as but not limited to Microsoft Office, SharePoint Designer, and other design products.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
National Agency Check (NLC)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 21 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...