This position is responsible for providing proactive support for associates, assisting the Operations Assistant
Store Manager with scheduling, coaching, training, supervising and selecting Office Associates to perform
responsive, accurate, error free, efficient and timely processing of store detail, as well as personally
supporting the management team in their execution of Human Resources accountabilities and performing
store Human Resources administrative functions.
scheduling and supervision of Office Associates, as well as training and coaching Office Associates on cash
- Supports the Operations Assistant Store Manager in developing a high performance team by assisting in
office, account maintenance, data entry detail, mail, miscellaneous office and HR clerical work processes.
Store Manager during the selection process.
- Participates in interviews with Office Associate job applicants and provides input to the Operations Assistant
role model and personally contributes to attainment of department goals.
- Leads by example to provide superior customer service (i.e., assist customers, answer phones, etc.); acts as a
and compliance throughout the store; administers Human Resources policies and processes for compliance,
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local employment laws and ensures awareness
escalating issues to the Store Manager when his/her support is needed for correction or for appropriate
needs by position, networking for communitybased
- Oversees and supports recruitment for hourly positions in the store, maintaining awareness of store hiring
sourcing, and partnering with the Store Manager and
Assistant Store Managers to conduct affirmative action planning for building a diverse store team and to
identify and leverage sources for qualified candidates.
- Participates in the associate selection process and supports consistent use of the eHire tool, assessments and
- Maintains integrity of employment transactions through timely and accurate onboarding,
and termination processing.
- Participates with Store Manager and Assistant Store Managers in planning and facilitating new hire
associates; follows up with Assistant Store Managers to ensure
- Performs payroll processing for nonexempt
accuracy of the hours and earnings entered for the associates who report to them.
issues in a timely, appropriate and consistent manner.
- Partners with the Store Manager and 88Sears HR Consultants to resolve policy, compliance and associate
- Responds to associate inquiries on policy, benefits and compensation; refers associates to 88sears.com or 188888sears
information or nonroutine
and analysis to help trend store turnover, identify opportunities for improvement and plan retention actions.
- Assists the store management team in coordinating/conducting associate surveys; understands data collection
needed follow up; conducts training on new policies, procedures and initiatives when required.
- Proactively monitors training completion in Training Tracker and assists store management team with
The duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be representative in nature
and should not be construed as an exhaustive list.
for completion, followup
- Coordinates the hourly performance review process, including printing and distribution of forms, monitoring
with managers, data entry and recordkeeping.
weekly Office review to assist in identifying areas of opportunity and developing action plans for improving
- Accompanies the Operations Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager during the monthly HR review and
regarding upcoming events, work process changes and Company/business initiatives.
- Assists the Operations Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager with communications to associates
- Assists in resolving customer issues and complaints; escalates issues to appropriate Assistant Store Manager
- Adheres to privacy requirements and maintains confidentiality of associate and customer information.
- Fosters a team environment.
- Performs Store Office job activities as needed.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prior human resources training preferred
- Prior store operations/store office training preferred
- Prior HR or equivalent training related to coaching, training and supervising preferred
Role specific abilities/skills
- Prior human resources experience preferred
- Prior experience with supervision of store operations in a retail setting preferred
- Prior HR or equivalent experience related to coaching, training and supervising preferred
- Ability to assist in leading and developing a team of associates
- Ability to form strong partnerships and communicate well with store team members
- Ability to identify issues and recommend solutions to the Operations Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager
- Ability to use e-mail and attachments, internet/intranet and computer systems to access, input, modify or print information or to execute moderately complex programs or analyses.
Sears - 10 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...