Raytheon Technical Services Company, LLC (RTSC) is looking for a Fleet Manager (FM), to join our Warfighter Support Services (WSS) team.
The FM will be responsible for managing a vehicle fleet that supports the mission of Army training and training device repair services, and will have overall administrative responsibility for several hundred vehicles, located within the United States and in several overseas locations. The fleet consists of automobiles, trucks, and over- the-road tractors and trailers. The FM will be responsible for all WSS fleet management, as well as tasks that flow down from the RTSC Fleet Manager.
The FM will participate as an active team member in the development and deployment of functional strategies that drive continuous improvement through process efficiencies throughout the Logistics/Transportation process.
individual will also contribute to the development and execution of key performance measurements (metrics), process improvement projects, and management tools.
Duties and responsibilities of the FM include, managing and maintaining electronic databases for the registration, licensing, hours of service, daily vehicle Inspections, and records of inspection and maintenance for WSS vehicles. Ensures fleet availability by reviewing past scheduling, future forecasting and surveying current user trends. Oversees routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtains licenses and tags for new vehicles and renews expired licenses.
Monitors and ensures fleet operations are in compliance with Department of Transportation, State, and Local rules and regulations. Streamlines and monitors the fuel purchase system and provides assistance with fuel cards for all vehicles and drivers. Participates in/administers educational programs to maintain driver knowledge of applicable State and Federal rules and regulations for the operation of commercial motor vehicles on public highways. Develops and implements operational standards to maintain vehicles by utilizing best industry practices. Fleet Manager suggests vehicle replacement according to vehicle life cycle to program management for sound sustainment of fleet management. Acts as focal point for internal and external audits and facilitates and implements corrective actions, as required. Builds appropriate capacity to achieve WSS objectives.
Interfaces directly and regularly with RTSC Fleet Management, Sub-Contractors using WSS vehicles, and Raytheon’s third party DOT audit/training support organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in a key transportation leadership role.
- Knowledge of current trends, applicability and working experience with U.S. Department of Transportation rules and regulations, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR49), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration rules and regulations and applicable state regulations.
- Serves as the Program Subject Matter Expert (SME) for DOT compliance. Must be able to discuss and reference their content, provide interpretation of the rules and regulations, and possess the ability to communicate and apply these requirements to assure compliance with Department of Transportation regulations on the Warfighter Support Services program.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), organization, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong computer related skills and training in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Superior negotiating capability as well as strong leadership and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Possess a Current DoD Clearance or have the ability to obtain one
- Ability to travel CONUS 25% or as required
- Ability to plan and prepare annual budgets, manage expenditures and analyze to financial objectives
- Create and manage to key performance indicators (metrics) and prepares various Logistics reports in support of internal, government, and other program requirements
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge that would be related to leasing and renting of vehicles.
- Previous experience as a Fleet Manager
- Experience with conducting business with the DoD
- Six Sigma Certification
- Work from a Customer Statement of Work (SOW) to create Basis of Estimates (BOE’s) to support proposal activities
- North American Transportation Management Institute (NATMI) certification in Motor Fleet Safety Basics and Managing Motor Fleet Safety Programs (provide upon request)
- Working Knowledge of IBM MAXIMO
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a Technical Field;
8 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national orgin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC (RTSC) headquartered in Dulles, VA has nearly 10,000 employees and 2010 sales of $3.4 billion. RTSC provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation and counterterrorism markets. RTSC operates on all seven continents. RTSC customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments.
Raytheon - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...