The Strategic Sourcing Manager, is a sourcing professional, project manager and accountable for the assigned sourcing activities across the Information Technology organization as it relates to the procurement of Consulting & Temporary Labor.
This individual will lead activities around category management, sourcing and procurement of services in support of company’s business strategy and operations. This will include leading sourcing projects of varying sizes including multi-year outsourced engagements. The lead will ensure sourcing activities and contracts with suppliers are consistent with Supply Chain Management policies and procedures as well as corporate objectives. The individual will lead negotiations with suppliers to secure competitive prices and favorable terms. The lead will draft, revise and review Contracts, Change Orders, Service Level Agreements and Statements of Work. Understanding of business law, legal contracts and financial acumen is desired.
This resource must have experience in dealing with dynamic requirements that are tied to strategic level business and information technology objectives. In order to effectively manage the work this resource must have experience dealing at the VP and Executive levels to achieve desired outcomes through sourced engagements.. Requirements
- 10+ years in strategic sourcing and/or supplier management experience
- 5+ years Information Technology specific experience
- Management experience in a sourcing or vendor management role
- General financial analysis skills and experience
- Structured problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent sourcing strategy and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead a diverse negotiation team
- Highly collaborative and collaborates with appropriate experts to solve problems
- Articulates potential solution(s) effectively to key executives
- Ability to plan and manage large and complex projects
- Ability to apply fact-based negotiation principles and tactics
- Able to perform procurement-related economic and financial analyses
- Ability to perform total cost analysis
- Ability to provide fact based advice to decision makers and oversee development of market and industry analysis
- Understands strategic and sourcing implications of key industry trends and developments
- Understands industry cost structures and drivers and implications for strategic position
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
CIGNA - 19 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...