The Weitz Company of today descends from a small carpentry shop founded in Des Moines, Iowa in 1855. Its client-focused culture offers expertise in private and public projects, as well as specialized sectors such as alternative energy and military construction. The Company's clients and partners receive value through sustainable design and construction, Integrated Project Delivery, lean construction and Virtual Design and Construction. Weitz is employee owned and ranks as one of the top 50 largest general building contractors in the United States.
The Weitz Company is looking for an experienced Project Superintendent to be located out of our Guam Region.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for profitable field operations on small to medium size and more straight forward projects. The Project Superintendent is also responsible to establish the safety culture on the jobsite and work closely with Project Manager to manage schedule, budget and staff to achieve profitable outcomes. Project Superintendents should also create and maintain effective client, vendor, supplier, and sub contractor relationships. This individual typically reports directly to the Project Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a Project Superintendent .
- Project(s) is completed without safety incidents.
- Project is completed on or ahead of schedule and at the expected level of profitability.
- The project team has provided a high level of customer service throughout the project(s).
- Client has expressed desire to work with Weitz again; expresses an interest in working with this employee again.
- Employee exhibits the ability to learn and apply construction knowledge appropriately to assigned tasks. Employee exhibits the competency of being a good builder.
- Employee exhibits the ability to consistently perform at expected performance level from project to project and exhibits competency to supervise medium-complex projects with little or no supervision.
- Employees under their supervision are learning to be better builders and are increasing their capability to be promoted to a higher project superintendent level.
- Employee has the ability to manage a large staff to include completing annual performance evaluations for all direct reports and aligning the performance to their specific role profile.
- Employee has the ability to manage at a higher superintendent level.
A high school diploma is required. Industry related college degree is preferred.
Five years of project construction superintending experience is required.
Experience in a fast-paced environment;
Proven history of leading others successfully and to teach, develop and mentor
For more information and to apply please visit our careers page at www.weitz.com . When applying please send specific project experience and detailed information on how you meet the stated requirements.
BUILD IN GOOD COMPANY
The Weitz Company is an EEO/AA employer
The Weitz Company is a drug free working environment
The Weitz Company - 15 months ago