Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
The Projects & Investments (Projects) team Houston Lead (“Houston Lead”) will lead the Projects team's efforts in the Houston office. The Houston Lead will work primarily with the Energy Transportation & Metals Business Units (BUs) present in Houston (although the Houston Lead will also provide support for all ETM BUs as necessary) on large and/or complex transactions, and are expected to provide expert advice and guidance for these transactions . For the forseeable future, the majority of ETM’s North American activities will be driven from the Houston office and the Houston Lead will be expected to build out a team of 4 to 6 FTEs in the next 6 to 18 months
The Projects team globally is tasked with, among other things:
o Transaction Management
- Accelerating the deal making process while improving analysis, due diligence and ensuring fully informed decisionmaking to improve commercial outcomes, including:
Overall deal management including approvals following Project Development Process
Overall Due Diligence
Overall Risk Assessment
Comprehensive Transactional economics including transaction structure
Negotiations Strategy and Lead (Equity)
Coordinate the engagement and retention of Consultants (Engineering, Financial, etc.) and Law firms with subject matter expertise
o Financial and Transactional Analysis:
Equity Investment and Financial Model
Overall Transaction Economics
Commitment Request Model (with Controller)
Assistance with Commodity component as required
o Operations Management:
Advising on Operational and Technical Aspects of Due Diligence
In addition, Projects team members:
- Monitoring transaction/JV performance to ensure that the BU and the Platform are aware of all relevant developments and all risks and opportunities as they arise.
- Originating/sourcing deals with a focus financial players with whom it deals (banks, investment banks, financial advisors, pension/sovereign wealth funds, private equity, etc.). Origination will be coordinated with the BUs and in most cases the suitability of any opportunity for further evaluation will be the decision of the relevant BU.
- Play an integral role with the overall BU Strategy formation and will actively participate in the development of M&A and Asset Strategy and Targeting of origination opportunities.
- Act as Portfolio Managers for each BU
- Research, problem solve and perform non-financil analyses unrelated to specific transactions
- Leading complex projects (transactions, strategy, research, analysis, problem solving and management of BUportfolios ) as set out in Position Purpose, above.
- With the BUs, determining the time-line and prioritization of projects
- Structuring and documenting transactions once an investment decision has been made
- Managing the Commitment Request and other approval process including liaising wiht internal functions and other BU’s
- Monitoring existing investment/JV’s financial performance 30%
- Supervise, coach his/her direct reports in the above 35%
- Originate new opportunities and working closely with the businesses in strategy formation, business planning, origination and portfolio management. This includes :
- Being part of the decision making team and actively playing a role in determining the BU strategy where the new opportunity is concerned
- Interpreting strategies and analysis, and actively providing direction for the identification and origination of compliant transactions 20%
- Other tasks as decribed herein 15%
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
- More than 10 years of multi-national commercial transactional experience developing, financing (debt, quasi equity, equity) or acquiring physical assets in energy-related and/or extractive industries
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the commodities in the Energy sector, particularily in the US
- Experienced operating in diverse, global teams
- Prior experience working in North American Energy sector
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Excellent, proven negociation skills
- Experience managing teams and develop others
- Ability to operate and influence effectively across time zones, in diverse & multi cultural work environments
- Proven ability to work in complex & ambiguious situations & how to move a project by getting consensus
- MBA or equivalent
Process Optimization/Project Management
Cargill - 2 years ago
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...