As a QA Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for debugging NetApp software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for NetApp products. The team also develops, modifies, and executes software test plans; analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of results; and consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. This position requires and individual who is creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, willing to take a leadership role, and driven to produce results.
- A major part of your responsibility you will be to lead and participate as part of a team responsible for:
- Gathering test requirements
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Test scripts
- Test reports
- Test summaries
- Ability to read and understand software and/or hardware design specifications.
- Participate in functional and design reviews and provide review comments/make recommendations for product improvements.
- You will participate in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
• Technical Leadership for automation across the product.
• Works with QA and Development groups to create and develop test plans, test cases and automation processes.
• Works with development to drive quality delivery and testability.
• Guide architecture of test automation infrastructure.
• Designs, develops and maintains infrastructure
• Communicate progress and escalate issues to management in a timely manner
• Mentors junior engineers.
• 7+ years of QA
• Experience in VMware technologies (vSphere 4.x/5.0/5.1) with excellent understanding of virtualization concepts
• Experience in Agile Development Methodology and working in scrum teams
• Passionate about product quality
• Highly proficient in Windows (Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012) & Linux (RHEL, SUSE) technologies/Operating systems
• Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and Active directory
• Sound knowledge of networking concepts
• Significant knowledge of test automation and programming
• Proven automation and scripting expertise (Perl, Powershell, PowerCLI etc)
• User level exposure to databases (Oracle, Exchange and-or SQL server)
• Clear understanding of Object Oriented programming practice
• Demonstrated skills in QA tools/troubleshooting techniques
• Good understanding of file Systems desired, storage background a plus
• Demonstrated ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
• Ability to understand technical aspects of our products in sufficient detail to analyze results and debug problems in conjunction with Development.
• Proven track record working on products from inception to delivery.
• Demonstrated strong Design, Development & implementation practices
• Strong communication, presentation, leadership and follow-up skills
• Ability to own and drive a task to its completion
• Excellent team player. Ability to interact with cross-functional teams.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience is required. 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, a Master Degree, or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
Full time / Part time
USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
NetApp - 7 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....