Supports and/or leads the design, development, implementation and maintenance of hospital Revenue Cycle applications throughout the health care enterprise to provide effective and efficient business solutions to customers. Position reports to Revenue Cycle Hospital Solutions Manager within the Revenue Cycle ITS Tower.
Analyze, troubleshoot, test, implement, document and provide ongoing technical support for Revenue Cycle hospital applications across the integrated delivery system. This analyst role will work with customer departments and ITS teams to support Siemens Invision and other critical applications.
Actively participate in meetings and consultations with leadership and business owners to assist in achieving enterprise operational and financial objectives by making sound, appropriate application recommendations.
Prepares detailed technical specifications from which complex programs are written after analysis of customer needs and business requirements. May design, code, test, debug and document those programs across an integrated system to ensure customers meet long and short term goals and business objectives.
Provides the highest level of quality in all phases of the development life cycle with minimal supervision addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms to ensure customers meet their business objectives in a timely manner. Supports or negotiates agreements between customers and ITS to establish expectations and service levels to support customer requirements.
Applies systems and technical knowledge in solving customer production problems in a timely manner. Identifies, evaluates and implements operational improvements affecting information delivery across the system to support optimal levels of department efficiency.
Supports the evaluation, selection, and integration of vendor solutions by analyzing their capabilities in our environment and evaluating overall effectiveness of meeting customer functional requirements.
Education and/or Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or relevant field. Four years relevant experience in a challenging IT or business environment may be substituted for this requirement.
- Previous experience in a health care delivery system preferred.
- Application expertise in Siemens Invision required
- Microsoft Office expertise, including Word, Excel, Access, Project, and Visio
- SQL or Crystal report writing
- Revenue Cycle Business Operations knowledge
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively as a team member within and across teams and departments by sharing resources, information, tools, and ideas.
- Shift to rapidly changing priorities and timelines
- Thrive in fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Identify opportunities and take initiative to teach, coach and mentor peers and customers to promote a high functioning, continuous learning environment.
- Balance the concerns and requests of customers with available resources by leveraging information services tools and resources in order to maintain and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide the highest level of quality in all phases of application development and support.
- Work independently on complex problems, organizing resources and developing solutions for operational problems.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of multiple systems and their integration and business needs and processes.
- Apply systems and technical knowledge toward analyzing and solving complex requests and problems in a timely manner.
Hartford Healthcare - 19 months ago